Friday, October 22, 2004

A Den of Slack

I've accomplished about nothing this week. I get up and run each morning, and the rest of the day is spent surfing or shopping or baking. Oh, yeah, the baking. I've baked like no man has ever baked before. Cookies. Brownies. Bread. You name it. The weather has been really nice, and I've gone to the beach a couple times, but the temperature drops about 10 degrees by the ocean, so I don't get to lay out. I just stroll along the beach, which is still pleasant.
I had people over Wednesday night, and part of the discussion involved instances of confusing similar words. For instance, confusing "retarded" for "retired." Other ones include "Croatian" and "crustacean" and my personal favourite, "Volvo" and "vulva." Special thanks to Jeni-Bomb for providing us with so many hours of amusement.
Paul and Trish are leaving tomorrow to go back to the States for a couple weeks, so things will definitely slow down around here. I'm gonna miss them. This also means that I'll be leading Bible study on Saturday night. We're going to talk about the importance of worship and fellowship. To emphasize my point, I'll be using a medium that can be used to convey a point on any topic imaginable--The Simpsons. Seriously, the ubiquity of The Simpsons cannot be denied. That show covers everything.
Anyway, I'm going to jump in the shower in preparation for meeting the gang for dinner. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: