Tuesday, October 12, 2004

She was a young American

So, yesterday was Columbus day, making it a three day weekend. Besides the Navy Ball on Friday night, I didn't really do too much. Went to Paddy's for live jazz on Saturday night. Church on Sunday. Shopping in Hachinohe on Monday. Sunday afternoon, Caleb and Jeff came over to watch "Dogville." I love that movie more every time I watch it. Caleb really liked it, too. Then, just to balance everything out, we watched "Airplane." Funny stuff.
I'm going to take a few days of leave beginning Friday. I had scheduled leave from the 15th to the 27th a long time ago for the China trip. Then, after we moved the China trip (and eventually dropped out of the China trip), I just forgot to take my tentative leave schedule off the board. Then I found out there's going to be a base exercise during those dates, so I decided to just go ahead and take the leave anyway. I've got plenty saved up, and it will be nice to just chill out for a week and a half. They normally don't let people take leave during exercises, but since I already had it scheduled before the exercise was announced, I got lucky.
Anyway, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening writing e-mails and surfing. Sometimes it's nice to stay home alone. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: