Friday, October 15, 2004

Try me on. I'm very you.


Sky
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
I'm on leave from today until the 28th, just to take a little time off work and get a chance to relax a little bit. It was kind of a stressful week, and I think I deserve a long weekend (13 days long, to be exact). So anyway, I went outside this morning to go for a run, and the weather was amazingly gorgeous. The air was so fresh. The sky was so blue. I decided that Interpol was just a little too dark to which to listen before I run, so I programmed my iPod to shuffle all my electronica/dance tracks. And the first one that came on was "Power of Love" by Deee-Lite. I'd forgotten what an infectious groove this little early 90s trio spun. For my entire run, I kept singing to myself:

What is it that can make a lost soul found? Love!
And what is it that can make the coldest day seem warm? Love!
And what is it that can bring a smile to two strangers? Love!

It makes me want to go around hugging people. The next 13 days are going to be spectacular.

No comments: