Wednesday, October 27, 2004

mu-sick

I finally finished. I have successfully re-catalogued my entire CD collection. I basically divided it into three groups:

Group 1 - The CDs from artists of which I am a fan (i.e. Sleater-Kinney, PJ Harvey, Bjork, etc.). These CDs I'm keeping as they are, with the cases and all. There are roughly 300 CDs in this group.
Group 2 - The CDs I want to keep, but don't necessarily have sentimental value (i.e. bis, The Donnas, Pulp, etc.). These CDs and booklets are going into binders, but I'm tossing the cases. There are roughly 700 CDs in this group.
Group 3 - The CDs I was only keeping for a song or two that have already been uploaded onto the iPod, or that I'd bought after reading good things or on a whim or with high hopes and poor results (i.e. The Androids, Katastrophy Wife, The Music, etc.). These CDs I kept in their cases and put in a crate to pack back to the States with me with the intention of finding a second hand store at which to sell them. There are roughly 200 CDs in this group.

So, if you're doing your math, you can guess there are roughly 1200 CDs in my collection. Actually, the exact count was 1218. This is what I was talking about yesterday regarding contentment. I have over 1200 albums in my collection, yet I can't ever be happy with them. I always want more. Insanity.
Anyway, my stairwell looks much neater now. My only problem now is getting rid of all these empty CD cases, but that's a project for another day. I should probably get to bed. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

2 comments:

Mike C said...

How, exactly, do you plan on getting RID of 700 empty cases?? I would imagine that it will fill up your truck...

Take them to the thrift store! :)

David McLaughlin said...

Well done, I can barely get myself to do the dishes:) I used to buy CDs all the time, now I'm back in America and there is a radio.