Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Commitment and Change

I did it. Let 29 June 2004 go down as the day I committed yet another four years of my life to the U.S. Air Force. I guess that's all I have to say about that.
So, we're leaving today. We have to have our bags packed by 4 this afternoon, but the plane doesn't leave until 9 tonight. We'll spend a day and a half at Al Udied, and then fly to Misawa. I was packing up all my stuff earlier, and thinking about how comfortable I've gotten here. I had such a nice, little routine and no worries. If someone told me today that we've been extended for another three months, I probably wouldn't be too upset. Don't get me wrong. I miss everyone back in Misawa and I want to get home. I've just gotten mentally lazy, or something. I'm sure that once I get off the plane and see everyone and get back to my house, I'll be completely filled with joy. My only major obstacle will be the post-deployment depression that sets in every year.
Anyway, I'm going to go finish packing and get some food and shower and wait around until 4. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: