Sunday, June 20, 2004

Big Poppa

Happy Father's Day to all the big daddies out there. May you celebrate this day by burping, grunting, and scratching yourself with no shame.
Everyone is totally lacking in motivation and starting to get on each other's nerves and stuff. I'm doing my best to avoid all the drama, and spread a little sunshine wherever I go; but some people just don't seem to appreciate it very much. I just focus on the wonderful time I'm going to have during my two weeks off work upon my return to Misawa. Socializing. Sleeping. Movies. Cooking. Beach-Bumming. Japan. This is what keeps me going.
I had Friday off, and watched a delightfully quirky little French animated film called "The Triplets of Belleville." The visuals were pretty cool and it involved a particularly funny sequence involving an inventive way for catching frogs. There was very little dialogue, so even if you don't understand what they're saying, you don't really miss anything. I also packed up a few boxes to send home and went for a nice run. I've started up my morning gym routine again, as well. Besides running, I've added the stairmaster to my regiment in preparation for the big Fuji climb.
Anyway, it's lunch time now, so I'm going to head over to the chow hall. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: