Sunday, June 06, 2004

There's not really anything new to report, but everyone in my shop has gone over to the chow hall for dinner, and I'm just chillin' here in the shop, so I thought I'd post some random thoughts.
I finished "The Story We Find Ourselves In" last night. Good stuff. It expanded my ideas without negating my beliefs. Now it's on to "Mere Christianity," which I've read twice, but sometimes you just gotta stick with the classics. It never hurts to have a solid foundation on which to stand.
A lot of guys around here are getting really cynical, and I'm doing my best to not let it get me down. However, I have to confess, it's difficult to keep your head up when the job is so monotonous and we don't really have any kind of a sense of accomplishment. There's not much of a mission here, so the work we do isn't very appreciated. Regardless, I'm still managing to keep somewhat of a smile on my face.
My friend Heath told me about this photographer Joel-Peter Witkin who's images are rather disturbing, to say the least. We were looking it up on the computer during lunch, and even as dark as these pictures were, I still couldn't turn away. Very interesting stuff, but not for the weak stomach.
Anyway, it's almost time to head home, so I'll close. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: