Friday, June 11, 2004

Slacker!

I'm off today, and normally, on days off, I lay around my tent, watch movies, go for a run, read, etc. However, today there is a power outage for most of tent city, so, rather than lay around in a makeshift oven, I decided to come to my shop for a while to surf and shoot out a few e-mails. I've decided I should never surf the internet without a specific purpose because Curtis + boredom = shopping. It wasn't all bad, though. I succeeded in getting my Dad something for Father's Day. But after that, it was all downhill. I've been looking at video cameras for almost a year, and finally broke down and bought one, which leads me to another interesting development. The main reason I was putting off buying a camera was that, even though I had pretty much decided on the one I wanted, I still wanted to have a hands-on look at it. Thus, I was waiting until the end of this deployment when we were supposed to go through the States so I could head down to the nearest Best Buy and peruse all the fabulous gadgetry. But now, it appears that won't happen. We were informed a couple days ago that we will now depart on a chartered aircraft from the AOR directly to Misawa. This has two aspects. The bad: I was looking forward to some major shopping in the States, as well as visiting my friends Dan, Ben, and Abby. The good: we won't have to drag all our luggage through multiple airports during the 4th of July, and I'll get back to Misawa a little sooner. We've been told to estimate arriving in Misawa around the 3rd or 4th of July. Either way, I'm just glad to be getting out of here in 19 days.
Anyway, the power should be back on now, so I'm going to head back to my tent and enjoy some slacking time. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: