Sunday, July 04, 2004

Free At Last!

Woo-hoo! I'm back in Misawa, and it feels so good to be home. After spending 16 hours on a plane, we arrived in Misawa Saturday afternoon to a very warm greeting. Seeing everyone again was even better than I anticipated. Some things you just don't appreciate until you're away from them (i.e. my house, the odd fishy smell of Japan, green-ness). After we left Iraq, we spend a day and a half at Al Udeid, which I haven't seen since we left last year, and boy, has that place changed. The new living area looks more like a resort than a military base. We got to chill out at the Plaza (the central social area) and drink beers. There was even a band there that night on a USO tour. They played the type of music I normally don't like (angry-white-boy-nu-metal-rap-rock), but every so often they threw in a Weezer or Rage song, and that made everything better.
Anyway, now I'm back and I have two weeks off. I don't really have any plans yet. Unpacking and getting my house back in order will probably take a couple days. Maybe I'll hang out at the beach, or go camping, or maybe head down to Tokyo. Whatever I do, I need to wallow in my laziness as much as possible because before I know it, my two weeks will be over, and I'll wonder where the time went. So I guess I'm going to get busy doing nothing. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: