Friday, December 18, 2009

Sweet Digs

I made it to Qatar. Getting our bags and going through customs was a chore, but now I'm in my room. And let me just say, my room is pretty nice. I have my own room with bed, desk, chairs, television, walk-in closet, and sink. I share a kitchen and bathroom with the guy next door. And I have wi-fi. The gym, BX, and chow hall are a two-minute walk out my door. It's almost like I'm not even deployed.
As for work, I'm going to be running the "Tiger Team," which is a crew of about eight guys who are building new facilities. Three of the guys on my team will be Rick, Diaz, and Steven, who came here with me from Aviano. Another on my team is Ryan, my old roommate from Utah. (It's a small Air Force.) It's my first time in a real NCOIC position with major responsibilities for an extended period of time. I hope I'm up to the challenge.
For now, I'm going to clean up and make my bed and try to get some sleep. The guy who picked me up told me to just give him a call whenever I wake up tomorrow, but I'd like to go in early just to get a head start on how things move here. I'm pretty excited.

No comments: