Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stolen Winter

Finances in order; house clean; bags packed. Cheyenne is house-sitting for me, and everything is pretty much taken care of. I think this is the most prepared I've ever been for a deployment. I was running errands and tying up loose ends today, and as I was driving, I realised how much I'm really looking forward to this trip. Granted, I won't be sleeping in my own bed for six months, and I'm really gonna miss Italy, my friends, and the entire snowboarding season. Still, I'm looking at it as an adventure.
We'll be spending a couple days in Germany before we fly into Qatar, so I'll get to see Ben, Sarah, and Jacob. Living conditions once we get there will be pretty nice. I should have my own dorm room, and I'll be sharing a bathroom with one other guy. They even have wi-fi there, which makes it seem even crazier that I can't get it in my house here in Italy. I'll have access to my e-mail, blog, and facebook, so keeping in touch shouldn't be a problem. Speaking of which, my address is:

TSgt Curtis W. Sutton
379 ECES / CEOZU
APO, AE 09309

Ciao, Italia!

No comments: