Thursday, December 10, 2009

An Alternate Reality

I don't normally have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but last night, I had multiple cups of tea while watching a movie. So, at about 2 AM, I woke up, peed, and went back to bed. But then I couldn't fall back asleep again.
So I laid there. And laid there. And laid there.
Finally, around 4, I started to drift off. But it was a weird in-and-out kind of sleep, and I was having a bunch of strange dreams that I don't really remember. So I decided to just get up and get some stuff done. I got out of bed and started walking down the stairs, but when I got to the first floor of my house, it didn't look right at all. My living room had changed into this really long room with doors and windows on either side, and a long wooden table in the middle. I walked through the room, slowly, and saw another set of stairs leading up on the other side. They were really shallow stairs, and they curved to the left. I started climbing the stairs when I realised, "Hey, this isn't right at all! Am I dreaming or something?"
I decided to perform a test. "If I take a big jump up these stairs and start flying, then I'm definitely dreaming." So I pushed off with my foot, and suddenly, I found myself floating through the air. I was totally having a lucid dream, and it was pretty awesome.
I wanted it to last a while, but I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. One second I was high above those stairs, and the next, I was laying in my bed. I was going back and forth between both places. And I could physically feel a weird tingling all over my body. It was one of the strangest sensations I've ever experienced.
I've done a little research on how to induce lucid dreams, and it's something I'd like to experience again. There's really no limit to what one's subconscious can conceive. I hope it happens again soon.

No comments: