Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sharp Shooter

MSgt Hammes told all the deployers we could have off work until we leave. And even though I'm glad to have some time to relax and get things in order before I deploy, I still find myself spending a lot of time at work. Yesterday, I had to go in for a first aid class. Today, I had to shoot M-16. Tomorrow, I have to take care of holiday party stuff. And so on.
My M-16 class should have been done by 1 PM today, but for some reason, lasted until 5. I was feeling really optimistic as we were shooting our practice rounds. I was hitting the centre of the target each time. But by the time we started qualifying, my eyes were fatigued, and I didn't do as well. Still, I shot a 32, which is a qualifying score (barely), and that's all I really care about. Besides, if it ever comes to pass that the Air Force is relying on my marksman skills, we're in some serious shit.

No comments: