Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Get-Along Gang

We had our shop Christmas Party/Chili Lunch today. We also invited the heavy equipment shop to participate. We had seven huge pots of chili, and ended everything with a "Dirty Santa" gift exchange. Everybody got good stuff, but a few things were a little misplaced. For instance, Mike got a big box of condoms and cigarettes, but he's married and doesn't smoke. Jeremiah got a bartender's guide, but he's Mormon and doesn't drink. It made for a fun afternoon with plenty of laughs.


Steven, Travis, & Aaron
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Particularly special was JoAnn's gift to me: a copy of "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin. We had hours of fun picking out random sentences and laughing at the absurdity of it all.
I know I sometimes complain about work, but I really can't complain about the people in my shop. We might not always be the most productive crew, but we get along great. It's a shame we can't all just deploy together.

No comments: