Sunday, November 01, 2009

One Holiday To The Next

I worked our booth at the bazaar all day yesterday and today. I know last night was Halloween and all, but after flipping burgers all day, I just wanted to go home and relax. And even after a long, hot shower, I could still smell the meat emanating from my pores. And as a vegetarian, it made me a little nauseated.
We were done by 5 PM today, and pretty impressed by how much money we made. It will all go to our squadron holiday party (because we can't call it a Christmas party, even though we all know that's exactly what it is).
Frank and I are the only Booster Club officers that haven't deployed, so all the fund-raising has fallen on our shoulders. This was the last major one, so all we have left is finalising the details for the holiday party. I'm pretty excited about it, as we're totally doing things different this year, and I think everyone will have a great time. Plus, several of us will be deploying a few days afterward, so it should be a nice send-off, as well.

No comments: