Sunday, November 08, 2009

If it weren't for house guests, I'd probably never clean.

My friend Mike has been travelling around Europe for the past two months. He's seen Paris, London, Barcelona, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Nice, and tons of other places. And he's doing it the right way--staying at each place long enough to get a real feel for the culture and people.
He arrived here last night. I haven't seen him since I left Utah, and it's great to hang out again. Since his life has been rather hectic over the past few weeks (and since the weather is miserable), we spent today laying around, eating, drinking wine, and watching movies.
Even though I'm not taking any time off work this week (except for Wednesday, because it's Veterans' Day), Mike's going to hang out for a while before heading to Croatia for a few days. He'll swing back through the week of Thanksgiving because our friend Ben will arrive on the 24th. Then I'll be taking some time off to show these guys around northern Italy. I love being the host / travel guide.

No comments: