Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You made me feel shiny and new!

I made it to 6 AM this morning, but woke up at 9 AM. I tried to force myself back to sleep, but realised I was just wasting time. So I decided to get up and be constructive. I ran some errands and picked up a few things from my shop. Then I came to the Community Centre on base to use their wireless. Speaking of which...
I'm typing this post on my brand new MacBook Pro. Yeah, it was about time to get something a little newer. I love my PowerBook, but it's nearly seven years old. The hard drive on it is full, so I can't download any new music or anything, and it was also causing me to lose pictures I uploaded onto it. On top of that, the wireless doesn't work very well, either.
This Mac is only a 13-inch, which, when compared with my old 17-inch, takes some getting used to. But everything else about it is superior. The Snow Leopard OS flows so smoothly. The screen is brighter with more vivid colours. The whole machine is just streamlined and beautiful. Along with the new computer, I splurged for a new iPod Touch, which is equally amazing. i could seriously play with it all day long.
Right now, I'm registering and making sure all the software is up-to-date. It's taking a while, but it's definitely quicker than if I did it at home. As soon as this is done, I'm heading home to catch a nap before I have to go into work tonight. And I'll probably have my new Mac laying in bed next to me. Is it possible to have romantic feelings for a machine?

No comments: