Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Short Days and Falling Leaves

When we stepped off the plane Monday night, each of us kinda freaked out a little bit. We were only gone a few days, but it seemed like Italy got quite a bit colder. Or maybe it just seemed so cool because it was so nice in Barcelona.
Regardless, it's definitely chilly now, and as I was mowing my lawn earlier tonight, I was looking toward the mountains and couldn't help but get a little homesick for Utah. They already have snow there, and I have to admit, I'm a little jealous, mostly because I'm going to miss most of the season this year.
So, yeah, I really enjoyed my summer, but the cooler temperatures have me excited for autumn. The brisk air, the extra blanket on my bed, pulling out my sweaters, Sunday afternoons eating chili and watching movies with friends in my living room. I'm going to savour this.

No comments: