Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Out of the Frying Pan...

MSgt Hammes came back to work Thursday, totally easing my burden. But now that he's back, I have other worries. The most urgent being the deadline to finish testing on our CDCs is less than three weeks away. Nobody in the shop is done yet. I'm on my fifth and final volume, and I'm pretty confident everything will go okay. My biggest problem is forcing myself to study each night. It's so easy to get distracted. But I know if I just hunker down and get this over with, I'll have nothing on my plate except deployment preparation.
There's also an exercise going on this week, which is more of just a nuisance. I'm only on call for the UCC, so I'm spending my days getting paperwork done and trying to study when I can. Our shop is just outside the play area, so basically the whole squadron is staging out of there, which means they're all playing cards and watching movies, which is yet another distraction from studying.
JoAnn and I are working on a plot to abduct the training manager and force him to give us all the answers when we take our final test. Seriously, it might be easier than actually studying.

No comments: