Thursday, September 20, 2007

Words So Leisured

I guess the kids nowadays are getting into the video blogging (vlogging?). My friend Jay checks in with a video blogger on YouTube, and asked if I'd ever considered doing the same. Though it has crossed my mind, I really don't think it would suit me very well. For starters, the camera adds ten pounds and probably a few hundred wrinkles. This would result in me doing about a million takes before I got a shot considered worthy of posting on the internet. The lighting and angle would have to be just so, and in every third or fourth take, I would make a funny face or cross my eyes and I'd have to start all over from the beginning. I just don't have that amount of time to devote to a post concerning my opinion on Britney Spears' VMA performance (which was so bad that it ROCKED!). It's easier just to write things, and then change them around before I post. Plus, I like the thought process of putting down my thoughts and experiences into words. I sometimes spend a while searching for the correct words and phrasing to get my point across, but I still think it's better than the stuttering and awkward pauses found in a homemade video. And most importantly, reading is just better than watching. It's sad that only 50% of adults have read a book in the past six months. I know the wax isn't exactly Tolstoy, but I do my best. I enjoy writing, and people tell me they enjoy reading; so onward I go.

2 comments:

J-Dubb said...

So who's your favorite YouTuber? ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice blog! Have you heard about BlogRush?. It's something to increase your visitors for your blog. It's great! And the reason i'm sending you this (you probably wonder that) is because it helps me too. Take 2 minz and check it out:BlogRush