Saturday, September 15, 2007

Carnival Kids

There are lots of reasons to attend the Utah State Fair. For John, it was the animals. For Nick, it was for people-watching. For me, it was the food. So last night, Kevin, Nick, John, Ryan, Brian, Ryan, and I headed to the fairgrounds to check it all out. I guess it was everything one would expect: rides, carnival games, various booths and markets, farm animals, and more mullets than you could shake a stick at. One highlight(?) was the Turkey Stampede. It was basically a bunch of turkeys chasing a radio-controlled pickup truck full of food around a little race track. It was every bit as classy as it sounds.
As for the food, most of it involved some sort of meat on a stick. I opted for the deep-fried Coca-Cola. It was basically Coke-infused funnel cake with whipped cream and a cherry. It was good, but acted as my sugar intake for the next month. Unfortunately (and uncharacteristically), I forgot my camera...which would have been really helpful when we went through the "Hall of Wonders" featuring a six-legged cow, a two-headed turtle, and "Tyrone," the world's largest rat. Ya gotta love carnies.

No comments: