Friday, July 20, 2007

My Ears Are Bleeding

Normally, I work by myself on Thursday and Friday, as those are Johnny's days off. But today, I had a passenger. One that likes to talk. A lot.
And my remark, "I'm not really into gaming," didn't prevent him from giving me a 45-minute discourse on his hundreds of classic Nintendo game cartridges and how much each one is worth. Or how he's going to build a half-pipe in his backyard when he gets to Alaska. Or how he's REALLY into indie comics. Or about how his next major purchase is going to be a Fry Daddy.
Thank you, God, for giving me the patience and good manners to smile and nod and say things like "Yeah," and "Uh-huh," for eight hours instead of, "Would you mind if neither of us said anything the rest of the day? 'Cause that would be so great."

No comments: