Thursday, July 19, 2007

Come and Knock On Our Door

Roommate Ryan applied for an Air Force program called Palace Chase a few weeks ago. This is when an airman on active duty transfers to Guard or Reserve duty. Normally, when someone does this, he signs up for double the time he has left on active duty. For example, Ryan has four years left, so he would devote eight years to the Guard. The reason Ryan was so eager to apply was because they are having a one-for-one deal (like a used car dealer or something), meaning he would only have to stay in the Guard for four years.
If this would have went through, he would be leaving in September, leaving me without a roommate for five months until I leave for Italy. My other option would be to put most of my stuff in storage and crash with a friend for a while, which was actually rather tempting.
Ryan found out yesterday that his application wasn't approved due to low manning in our job. He didn't seem too upset about it. I was happy because it makes things easier on me. Now instead of having to move all my stuff myself, the Air Force will do it for me. But mostly, it's nice to have a great roommate.

No comments: