Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Don't Look Back


Me & Lt White
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
It is finished. I took the oath at 10 AM this morning, and gave another four years of my life to the US Air Force. Lt. White gave me the oath (from memory!) while my entire shop looked on. I chose Lt. White because, not only is he one of the coolest LTs in my squadron, but I am forever indebted to him for introducing me to Yuengling, one of God's greatest creations, during our Eagle Flag exercise last year.


Taking the Oath
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
This was one of the last requirements for me to receive my official orders for Italy. I spent the rest of the day running around base getting final signatures and turning in paperwork. But I'm not totally out of the woods, yet. I still have some security clearance paperwork for which I received an extension. I'm hoping to have it turned in by the end of the week, but since Wednesday is a holiday, I bet all the desk jockeys on base will be moving at a glacial pace. Luckily, the folks in the Outbound Assignments office are pretty cool.
So, yeah, after this enlistment, I'll have just over 15 years in active duty. It's easy to say it's all downhill from here, but I'm going to Italy. It's gonna be an adventure!

No comments: