Saturday, July 21, 2007

Finding Her Voice - Mad Props #4

One of my favourite programs on NPR is The Diane Rehm Show. It airs here in Utah from 9 to 11 AM, Monday through Friday on KUER. Johnny doesn't really like talk radio, so I don't always get to listen; and even when I do, it's sporadic since I'm always getting in and out of the truck. But I still appreciate Diane's direct and insightful questions and comments. She always has guests representing all sides of whatever issue she's covering. Plus the calls and e-mails from listeners can be quite, um...interesting. (Today, there was a caller from Henderson, Kentucky--the town where my parents live.) The best day to listen is Friday, when they have the Friday News Roundup. Diane and her panelists discuss, debate, and analyze everything that's happened within the past week, but without a bunch of bullshit. Her thirst for knowledge makes me want to stay informed about what goes on in my country and the entire world. Mad Props to you, Diane Rehm.

No comments: