Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cheers, Beers, & Pioneers!

Yesterday was Pioneer Day, the biggest holiday in Utah. Most people are off work, and since I had a couple comp days coming, I took off Monday and Tuesday. Brian also took some time off, and our initial plan was to go camping. But the forecast didn't look good, so we decided to stick around the local area.

Causey Reservoir
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Monday afternoon, Brian, Caleb, and I made the 30-minute drive up to Causey Reservoir to do a little swimming and cliff-jumping. The water was perfect--cool and clear.


Causey Reservoir
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Some of the cliffs we jumped off were around 40 feet up. The longer we stood at the top looking down, the harder it got to jump. But the sensation of falling is so exhilarating.

Tuesday, after lunch and shopping and a movie, we all went to Brian's house for a Pioneer Day campaign fundraiser. I had a bit too much bourbon and took tons of pictures, mostly of Kate, Brian, and myself.

Brian, Kate, & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Me & Kate
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Kate!
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Is this girl not adorable?


Kate & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg



Tyler, Nick, & John
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Brian lives adjacent to Liberty Park, where the big fireworks show is. We walked down and watched the whole thing, but that's where the night got a little fuzzy for me.


Brian & Kate
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
Thanks to Brian for taking care of me. I drove home at 5:30 this morning, and work today was quite a struggle. Thankfully, it's a short work-week, as I plan on using next weekend for recovery.

No comments: