Sunday, May 20, 2007

All the Drama You've Been Craving

Last night, Scott, Mark, Brian, and I went to the 4th Annual SLAM. This is an event put on by the Plan-B Theatre Company where five 10-minute plays are created, cast, rehearsed, and performed in a 24-hour period. The titles are drawn out of hats and the actors are distributed at random. All the details are left to chance, and it's the job of the troupe to bring it all together. Most of last night's plays were closer to 15 minutes, but they were all great. Some were funny, some dramatic, some tragic, some a mixture. I found it amazing that the actors could even learn their lines in such a short period of time. It's been a long time since I've been to the theatre, and I'd forgotten just how much I love it.

Me & Amy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
After the play, we headed to John's house for a little party where I met Amy, with whom I am totally smitten. Definitely the coolest girl I've met in a long time.


Hangin' at John's
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
John was just going to have a small gathering, but word travels fast and there ended up being quite a few people there. Far more than I've ever seen at his house before.


Mikey & Floyd
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Mikey, Floyd, Kyle, & Jeff just got back from Florida, and they were all tan and stuff. Plus, today is Mikey's birthday, so he was doing some extra celebrating.


Ryan, Me, & John
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
My alcohol intake has been rather low lately. I had some bourbon last night, and I was surprised at how fast it hit me. I didn't get sloppy drunk, but it was just enough to make me extra social. Thanks to John for his hospitality and to Paul for letting me crash at his place.

No comments: