Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Words to Sell


Interpol
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Interpol has been one of my favourite bands for a couple years now, and last night was their show at Kingsbury Hall on the Universtity of Utah campus down in SLC. I've been anticipating this show for a while now, and it was definitely one of the highlights of all the shows I've seen since I've lived in Utah. Interpol's post-punk tunes are dark, yet somehow uplifting. Paul, the lead vocalist, has a range similar to mine, so I have no problem singing along in my truck. Plus, they all wear suits, and it definitely helps to be well dressed.
The opening band was called The Double. They were kind of experimental new rock, and they used lots of distortion, a moog synthesizer, and even an autoharp. Different, but good.
As for Interpol's set, I just stood there in awe for 90 minutes. It was that good. It was basically like putting both of their albums in the CD player and hitting 'shuffle,' though the first half concentrated on their second album. The crowd was full of little urban-hipster college students, and they were all as dazed as I was. The band presented such a dark, wonderful realm to present their music, and I was happy to be in attendance.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

ooo, more live music curtis! havent done that yet in london, but will catch some shakespeare this weekend. exit left...