Sunday, September 25, 2005

Love Steals Us From Loneliness

This weekend has been really mellow. Friday night consisted of purchasing a new DVD player and a nice phone conversation with Paul. Saturday, after going for a run, I installed the DVD player, which, thanks to Ryan's extremely complicated home theatre system, took a VERY long time.
It's kinda weird how if I don't hang out with anyone for a while, I get a little down. And when I start to get down like that, I just want to be by myself, even though the only thing that can remedy it is social interaction. Johnny, a guy in my shop, had invited me to a party at his house last night, and I seriously considered not going. I think the deciding factor was when Aubrey, Johnny's wife, called and told me what time everything started, and that they had bought some vegetables to grill especially for me.
I know my personality, and I know I crave to be around people. My relationship with God is strong, and I know I'll never truly be by myself. I like to think of myself as a pretty strong person, but we all have our weaknesses. Some people have chemical dependencies. Others are deceitful or can't control their sexual urges. I guess my curse in this life is the weakness of loneliness.
By the way, I had a great time at the party last night.

No comments: