Sunday, September 18, 2005

Boys and Their Toys

Dad made it into town at about 10:30 Friday night. With him was his buddy Eli. Another guy, Mike, started out with them, but only made it as far as Cheyenne. Anyway, we grabbed some food at Denny's and then hit the sack.

Me, Dad, and an F-4
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Saturday morning, we had breakfast, and then I took Dad and Eli to the Hill Aerospace Museum, which is totally up Dad's alley. We walked around for several hours and saw tons of planes, including an F-4, which is the kind of plane my Dad primarily worked on when he was in the Air Force back in the 60s.
After that, we went down to Salt Lake because they wanted to visit the BMW Motorcycle dealership. I also gave them a drive-by tour of Temple Square.


Dad & Eli
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
After that, we went back up to Ogden for a late lunch, and then hiked Waterfall Canyon. It was a beautiful hike and we had a great time. By the way, one of the most embarrasing things ever is when you're Dad's friend asks you about your sex life...in front of your Dad. Thanks, Eli!


Dad & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.


After all that, we were pretty tired, so we headed back to the hotel and waited for Don and his son, Mark, to show up. They did the same ride as Dad and Eli, but they had to start a day later because of work.

Dad, Eli, Don, & Mark
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
This morning, we got up and had breakfast and then they all packed up their bikes. Dad and Eli are headed back to Kentucky, but Don and Mark are on their way to Oregon for business.
The added bonus is that my Mom made some cookies for me and sent them with Dad. Now, I know I'm probably going to get a lot of debate by saying this, but my Mom bakes the best cookies EVER. Don't argue with me. I know it's true, so just SHUT IT!

No comments: