Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Up and Down Interstate 15

If you're wondering why I haven't posted in a couple days, it's because I haven't been home. I took a nice little road trip down to Vegas this weekend. I left Saturday morning, and came back today. I was a little nervous about going because I found out on Friday that technically, I'm supposed to be on leave status to drive that far, but I figured, you only live once, right? It only took me six hours to drive there, and I enjoy driving by myself. I just put my iPod on shuffle, hit the cruise control, and enjoyed the scenery...some of which you can see here:


Utah 1
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.




Utah 2
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.




Utah 3
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.




Utah 4
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Is Utah gorgeous or what? Well, after I arrived in Vegas, I went to Melissa's house and we chatted for a while, and then went shopping. I really can't explain how much fun it is to shop in Vegas, so I'm not even going to try. After that, we went to dinner with Jim and Nicole at this vegan Chinese restaurant, and it was scrumptious. Sunday, Mel and I went shopping again all day long. We were both trying not to spend too much money, but at the same time, I didn't want to pass up anything essential. I ended up buying this great little black jacket at Armani Exchange, and a silver lamp and a pink chair at Urban Outfitters. Yes, a pink chair. And if you ever come to my pad and see it, you'll understand that I HAD to have it. Sunday night, we met some of my former Gap co-workers at a bar called the Crown & Anchor, a nice little British pub down the road from UNLV with 30 different beers on tap. The C&A is easily my favorite bar in Vegas. We stayed for several hours just drinking and talking. It was a super time. Here are a few pictures from inside the pub:


Tanya, Jason, & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.




Me & Mel
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



So, yeah, I had a great time in Vegas. It was fun and relaxing...just what a weekend should be. A special thanks to Mel for letting me crash on her couch with her cat, Tony Socks.

No comments: