Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Eenie, Meanie, Miney, Moe

I got my unaccompanied baggage delivered this morning, which consisted mostly of my clothes. There was also a few kitchen items, my DVDs, and my snowboard, which will definitely come in handy.
This afternoon, Caleb called and asked if I wanted to come over and hang out, which I'm always up for. So I showered, and as I was getting dressed, I faced a dilema. You see, for the past month or so, the only clothes I've had are 2 pair of jeans, a pair of khakis and about 10 t-shirts. But since all my stuff came today, I had to pick between tons of different jeans, chinos, t-shirts, button downs, track jackets, sweaters, etc. And let's not even get into the shoes. It took me forever to figure out what to wear. I think I'd already mentioned something about the several different kinds of shampoo available here in the States. I spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to decide which kind of salsa to buy. In Misawa, we had mild, medium, or hot. Having all these choices is so strange. Sure, it's one of the modern coveniences of being able to get exactly what we want, but do we really need it? We're so spoiled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add me to your friends man
http://crucifiedlife.blogspot.com/

Trish said...

Hi Curtis. So many choices! I am jealous, someday we will also be able to choose from a wide variety of shampoos, I can't wait. Send some pictures of the apartment, even if you don't have any furniture.

Trish said...

Oh yeah this is Trish...

Anonymous said...

hmm clothes to choose from I CAN'T wait for the day lol...hopefully sometime this week.