Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Jiggety-Jig

What a day! I officially moved into my new place. After picking up the keys this morning, I went back to my hotel and picked up all my stuff and dropped it off here. Then I made a quick run to Target to pick up basic new place necessities (i.e. shower curtain, dish soap, etc.). Then the little maintenance man came to install my washer and dryer. Then the cable guy came to install my internet and cable television. Then I spent the rest of the evening driving all over creation trying to find a place that sold mattresses. You wouldn't think something like mattresses would be hard to find. But they are. So, I finally find a furniture store and pick out a mattress. Then the guy tells me they don't actually have it in the store; however, if I'm really desperate to have it tonight, I can drive to the warehouse 45 miles away and pick it up myself. So I did. Whew!
Tomorrow is my first official day at work, and, as luck would have it, it's a squadron PT day. So I have to show up at the gym at 6 AM. This is going to stink on so many levels. My running habits since I left Misawa have been sporadic, at best. Plus, I'm still not fully adjusted to the time change. I'll be lucky if I fall asleep by midnight tonight.
But you know what? It really doesn't bother me too much. I've got my place and my truck. I have friends here. I'm looking forward to this time in Utah. It's gonna be a blast.

No comments: