Saturday, February 12, 2005

Fringe Benefits

Last night, I went and saw "Million Dollar Baby" with Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank, and Morgan Freeman. There are few things I enjoy in a movie more than solid, thick drama...unless it crosses the line and becomes sappy ("Pay It Forward," anyone?). This movie was probably one of the most delicate, touching dramatic films I've seen in a long time. It's easy to blow it off as just another boxing movie, but it's so much more. Hilary is so amazing. And the banter between Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman is priceless. Another highly recommended film.
After I left the theatre, I just "happened" to drive by a Krispy Kreme. The "Hot Now" sign was all lit up, and well, I just couldn't resist. I ordered a half-dozen assorted, and the guy behind the counter gave me another dozen glazed FOR FREE! I'm starting to like Utah more and more.
And now a completely different subject:
After going to see concerts so often in Vegas, and then being deprived of them in Japan, I try to stay abreast of the shows coming to the Salt Lake City area. Later this month, I'm going to see the Hot Hot Heat. Next month is Tegan and Sara. And The Killers are coming in May. Oh, how I've missed seeing a good show. There's also a band called "The Exploding Fuck Dolls" appearing that I might go see just because they have such a cool name.
So now, I'm going to head to the gym and run off some of the donuts I inhaled. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: