Sunday, January 30, 2005

Rednecks and Reacquiainting

After arriving at the Salt Lake City airport yesterday, I was greeted by two men who, during the ride to my hotel, talked endlessly about hunting. I somehow managed to get the basics of life at Hill AFB out of them, though. I was originally supposed to be working in the Utilities shop, but I have been moved over to the zone, which is strangely reminiscent of my arrival in Misawa. My hotel is right in the middle of a little shopping area. I have a Target and a Barnes & Noble right across the street, and I'm about a half mile walk from a mall. The best part, though, is that I got in touch with my friend Caleb Wendt, who lives nearby. He came and picked me up last night with his girlfriend, Summer, and we went out to eat and to his house where I met a couple of his brothers. We spent most of the night catching up and telling stories. He gave me all the ups and downs of life in Utah. I'm still kinda freaking out about actually being in the States again, but I really think I'm going to like it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CURRT DAWG I stayed in that same hotel when I was in utah how crazy is that, room 311 if I remember right. I'll talk to you soon. JImmy