Saturday, September 05, 2009

Almost like the Mario Brothers, but not Italian

Since my friend Rick moved here in May, he and I have pretty much been inseparable at work. We have the same work ethic, which means we're productive, but we're not freaking out or staying late or anything. We stay on the task at hand, but we're not above stopping for a cappuccino on the way to the job site.
Last month, Rick had to pull a contracting detail for two weeks, meaning I had to fend for myself at work. His first day back was Wednesday, which made us both happy. We're back to working together, and getting things done.
We got word last week of some potential taskings for deployments in December. As soon we heard, nearly everyone in the shop volunteered. As of now, Rick is on the list to go, but I'm not. We've been scheming and planning and trying to find a way to get me on the list, but it hasn't happened yet. It's not the greatest location in the world, but it's been a long time since I've deployed, and I'm itching to go. As soon as I find out any information, I'll be sure to post it. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: