Monday, August 10, 2009

Personal Bubble

Turns out, the rest of my long birthday weekend was as nice as the first night. I ran a few errands on Friday, but mostly relaxed all day. That evening, I drove down to Vicenza to hang out with my friend Dominic. I'd never been to Vicenza before, but it was a really neat town, much bigger than anything around here. We hit some random bars, and I got to meet a few of his friends. I crashed at his place, and on Saturday morning, we went shopping, strolled through the streets, and checkout out the Teatro Olimpico, the oldest surviving enclosed theatre in the world (dating back to 1580). It was kind of a spontaneous trip, and unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. Luckily, Cheyenne used to live in Vicenza, so I've informed her of her duty to take us on a more thorough tour in the near future.

Jenni & Me
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
The rest of my weekend was full of friends, food, and "Drag Me To Hell" (the scariest / funnest movie I've seen in a long time). And since Jenni and I have the same birthday, she and Johnny hosted a big cook-out all day Sunday.
Today was my last day off, and even though part of me wishes I had the whole week off, the rest of me is well-rested and ready to go back to work tomorrow. Everyone should get a four-day weekend for their birthday.

No comments: