Sunday, April 05, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I woke up early this morning, had some toast, and decided to sit and read on my balcony before I had to get ready for Church. As I sat there, my neighbours were emerging from their houses, walking toward the Church in the middle of Budoia. It was mostly elderly couples, and I thought it was cool how the ladies were all carrying palm branches.
I sat there, reading, thinking, and listening to the Church bells, and before I knew it, I'd missed Church. As a sort-of penance, I decided to go for an extra long run. Afterward, I came back and made myself a huge breakfast, and then napped on my sofa. I went back on my balcony this afternoon for more reading, and it seemed everyone in Budoia was out walking the streets. There were couples strolling along, Dad's helping their daughters ride bikes, kids kicking soccer balls. It all had such a great feel, and all I could think was how I didn't want this day to end.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That sounds so peaceful :)