Friday, March 06, 2009

Luckily, no tickets were issued.

It's good to be back home in Italy. Our class ended early this morning, so Ed and I decided to pack up and head back today in order to enjoy a full weekend.
My week in Germany was decent. I enjoyed the class and learned a lot, and I was very impressed by the base. Ramstein is like the New York City to Aviano's Morganfield, Kentucky. Still, there's a lot going on there, and it's very political, so it made me appreciate living in Italy even more. I only hung out with Ben one night, but I got to see my old friends Tim and Drew.
We took a different route on the way back; this one was longer on mileage, but easier because it was mostly Autobahn/Autostrade. It was a pretty uneventful trip, except for the mini heart attack I had when the German customs officers pulled us over. But after driving 560 miles over 10 hours today, I'm about ready to hit the sack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog.
Portugal