Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Life, it rents us.

I've been listening to a lot of Modest Mouse lately, and it's put me in a rather odd mood.

It makes me think about all the selfishness and stupidity in my life, and why I tolerate it.
It makes me think about my acquaintances and the decisions they make that affect the rest of their lives.
It makes me think about murder and injustice in the world and why I feel so powerless to do anything about it.

It also makes me think about my family and how much I love them, despite how little I talk to them.
It makes me think about my friends and how they make me laugh until I cry.
It makes me think about the ocean and the salty air around it.

And it makes me think about God, everything He does for me, everything I deny Him, perfect love, eternity.

No comments: