Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fare Thee Well

I had a comp day from my TDY last week, so I used it today. However, I still ended up going in to my shop this afternoon for a going away party for a couple guys. One was TSgt. Billy Tramel, my supervisor, who was also chosen as one of the 12 Outstanding Airmen this year; and if you know anything about the Air Force, then you know that's a big deal. The other was SRA Mykhaylo Bulyk, one of my troops. He's originally from The Ukraine, but received his citizenship about a year ago, and was just accepted to the Airman Education and Commissioning Program. He's basically separating from the Air Force to finish school, and then coming back in as an officer. It's a pretty big deal, too.

Farewell
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Whenever people in our shop leave, we try to make sure they know how much we appreciated their service and how much we love them. And when that doesn't work, we duct tape them to a chair and spray them down with the water truck. Cases in point:


Billy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Mike
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



Mike & Billy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
Do you feel the love?


Drenched
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.



All Wet
Originally uploaded by currtdawg.
It's all in good fun, and everybody has a good laugh. And then we sit around the shop the rest of the afternoon playing cards and drinking beer. I bet you're all going to run to your local Air Force recruiter as soon as you finish reading this, right?

No comments: