Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Delerium Tremors

Sometimes, I think I'm overdosing on friends. Or rather, my friends are overdosing on me. I have this paranoia they're getting sick of me. Of course, they would deny it if I asked. But if they denied it, would it be because it isn't true, or they just don't want me to feel bad? Everytime I ask them to hang out or go to lunch, they look at me wide-eyed, and their minds frantically try to think of an excuse of why they can't go. They're probably thinking, "Well, we only have to put up with him until he PCSs next month, so we'll just suffer through it." Yes, friends. Endure me. Withstand my cheery, fake, annoying personality. I think I'd just rather be tolerated for the next month and not leave here with a bad taste in my mouth.
This sounds rather cynical, and I'm not really sure I feel this way. I really do love my friends, and I hope they feel the same. Sometimes, you venture so far in your relationships, and there's just nowhere else to go. No more you can give. Maybe the depth of my friendship has its limits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally love the lunchs, love hanging out, love the scrabble...trust me no one can get sick of ya.

-Jeni-Bomb

Trish said...

I know you didn't write this for us to all say, "oh no, Curtis you are the best, we love hanging out with you," but it is true. We all do. If not just because you are so cool and considerate, then for selfish reasons because you always make people feel wanted, liked, and appreciated. So let's hang out.