Thursday, December 16, 2004

By definition, a crush must hurt, and they do.

My friend Jay separated from the military about nine months ago, but we've been e-mailing each other a lot lately. I think he's in the same funk I am, though I think he's in a little deeper. In his last e-mail, he wrote, "It's incredible how deceitful we humans can be." I couldn't agree more. Why can't people be just upfront with their feelings? Why say one thing and act completely different? If someone says, "Yeah, I'd like to hang out," but then avoids contact, should I believe this person's words or this person's actions? I think it's a lot easier to just say, "You know, I'd rather not." I'd rather be dealt with honestly than have false hopes. I get so sick of developing these stupid crushes on people. And it's always someone who's unattainable. You'd think after years and years of this, I'd be able to control it by now. Nope. And this is all territory I covered about a year ago. I can learn math, english, history, music theory, etc., but I can't learn emotional restraint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something I've learned: Thoughts=emotions, control the thoughts and the emotions are under control. Sounds crazy and simple, but it's true!