Thursday, December 09, 2004

Cat, Chicken, Turtle, Dove

So, last night, Jimmy and I went to Hachinohe for the purpose of finding a place called "the DX." The DX is basically a strip club. I'm not really a big fan of strip clubs, but, for some reason, we felt compelled to explore this one. I guess it was just the curiosity of a strip club in Japan. I'm not going to go into all the details, but I will tell you one thing: Jimmy likes his women a little more "mature." After we left, I was thinking, "Well, checked that one off my list," and that I'll never go again. However, now our friend Caleb is curious as well, so maybe we'll take him, too.
In other super-great news, my weeks and weeks of hounding MPF have paid off, but in a much better way than I'd expected. I was actually on the receiving end of a call from MPF today (I damn near fell over), and the young man on the other end told me he was sorry things got so out of whack with my folder. And here's the best part: since there's absolutely no way I can finish my out-processing in 18 days, he's going to send up a request to have my DEROS pushed back to January, which means I'll get to stick around Misawa for another month. This is good on so many levels. Not only do I get to hang with everyone here longer, but I'll actually get to enjoy Christmas. I'll have another month to save up some funds. I'll have enought time to pack out all my stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely happy about this.
I've had major slack time at work, lately. Today, I took a three hour lunch, and nobody even noticed I was gone. I think they just assume I'm outprocessing or doing stuff for the Christmas Party. I grabbed a pizza and went over to Paul and Trish's house. Paul was off today, so even after Trish went back to work, I stuck around and we had some good conversation. Then, after work, Paul and I went to the onsen, where we had more good conversation. I so appreciate that guy.
At PQ2 earlier tonight, we decorated the Christmas tree, which always puts me in the Christmas Spirit. This is gonna be such a wonderful Christmas. It will be my last one in Misawa, and I'm going to take it all in as much as I can. My friends here are so great.

No comments: