Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Artificial Sweetener

Paul's comment (paraphrased): "When I ask if you want to do something and you answer, 'Okay,' it makes me think you're going along with it just to appease me."
Good point, Paul.
Do I go along with people's suggestions and ideas just to placate them? Maybe sometimes. But, is that so bad? Isn't making sacrifices a big part of friendship? Who wouldn't want to make his friends happy? However, I wouldn't want to begrudgingly drag any of my friends along to something they didn't want to do. Not only would that bring them down, it would probably bring me down, as well.
So here's my solution: anytime any of you ask me any kind of question, and you think I'm giving you an answer just because I think it's the answer you want to hear, challenge me. Is that what I really want to do? Is that what I really think? In return, I promise to be completely honest. Furthermore, I'm going to challenge each of you to be equally honest with me. I figure it's the least I can do for my friends.
And don't bullshit me. I can totally tell.

No comments: