Monday, May 24, 2004

We've entered a new era here at Tallil Air Base, Iraq. The water plant has officially shut down; and while I once thought I'd be involved with the tear down and reconstitution of our equipment, I have now been directed to work directly out of the Utilities Shop. When I first heard about this, I got a little upset, but now I'm just dealing with it, and even discovering it's not that bad. I'm getting some social interaction with some new people and getting to see some of my friends working in other shops. So I guess a little variety is a good thing. Plus, now I'll be working in the shop, where the computers are, so maybe I'll get to e-mail people and update my blog a little more often.
I've developed a minor addiction here: Wint-O-Green Life Savers. Those things are like miniature donuts of heroin. I can't get enough.
My running routine has been temporarily put in hiatus. For some reason, all the treadmills at the gym have broken down, and I refuse to use one of those stupid cross trainer elliptical things or the stationary bike. The stairmaster is tempting, but it's much easier to just sleep in. When they fix the treadmills, I'll start running again.
I finished "Glamorama" last night, and tonight, I'll start "The Story We Find Ourselves In." I read the preface last night, and it looks quite interesting.
Anyway, lunch is about over, so I need to get back to work. I know everyone is wanting a picture of my long-gone mustache, but I don't have any digital ones. When I get back and have my film developed, everyone will have plenty of chances to point and laugh about my ridiculous facial hair. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: