Saturday, May 15, 2004

Today is day #45 - the official half-way mark, and I guess I should be kind of excited about it, but something has been really bothering me this week. I was reading the news the other day and started hearing reports of all the Iraqi detainee abuse, and it was rather upsetting. But nothing could prepare me for looking at the pictures. Absolutely horrid. No wonder the people around here don't want us around. Anyway, I'm going to move on to something a little more light-hearted.
So...what's new around here? Well, I had an actual day off on Wednesday. It was great. I had an extra long run. I read. I ate pizza. I napped. A very relaxing day. Speaking of reading, I was reading "The Peaceable Kingdom," but it got a little too advanced for me, so now I'm reading "Glamorama" by Bret Easton Ellis. I'm still working at the water plant, and it's still anyone's guess when we'll get evicted. As I've mentioned before, I'm just going with the flow.
Hmmm. I know there are tons of things I wanted to write about, but I can't remember it now. I'm gonna get outta here. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: