Saturday, May 22, 2004

I've been listening to a lot of Nirvana lately. I've always been a fan, and still feel a little sadness when I think about Kurt's death. The most recent swell began about a week ago when I heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on the radio. I'd forgotten what a great song it was, and how unfortunate that it became such a cliche at the time. But hearing the lyrics again stirs up some strange emotions. "A mosquito, my libido." I think that's the part I feel the most. My sex drive drains me, causes me to think, say, and do the stupidest things. Craziness.
Other than that, things are going pretty well, I guess. I don't have a lot of good social interaction, though. I work with the same two guys every day at the water plant. I only get to hang out with Brad every three or four days, and even then it's only for a half hour or so. I'm not going to know what to do when I get around normal civilization again.
I'm almost done with "Glamorama." I think I'm going to start "The Story We Find Ourselves In" next. I'm not getting as much reading done as I'd hoped I would. It's day 52, and we've gone so far, but it seems like so long until the end. I'm so ready to be done with this place. Okay, I'm gonna get back to work. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: