Tuesday, November 18, 2003

So, I went out to lunch with Don today, and pretty much laid everything out there. We've gone out to lunch before, and we always have good discussions, but I usually hold back. And he's expressed his frustration with me about how I'm hard to know. When I asked him to go out to lunch, I kind of told myself that I was going to tell him pretty much everything. And I did. Don's so compassionate. After our talk at lunch, and a second talk on the phone a few minutes ago, I feel as though I've been through a catharsis or something. It was very healing. He helped me understand a lot about the pain that I'm going through, and that God may be allowing all this to happen for a reason. It's all a big journey. I'm sure I've heard it all before, but somehow, it just seemed to make so much sense today. And I know I've still got a lot to go through, but it's nice to know that there are people out there who understand and sympathize. That's all I have to say about that, I guess.
I've been listening to Fiona Apple all day. She's so sullen and dark. Her songs are all about twisted love and desperation. Piano driven and bluesy.
I called my Mom today. It's her birthday. She and Dad and Chris were getting ready to go out to eat. I love doing stuff like that with the fam. Talking with my Mom is such a trip. I talk for about 4 minutes about what's going on here, and then she shares all the family and local news for about 45 minutes. And I can always hear Rudy let out a bark or two. Funny stuff.
I was originally supposed to go out to dinner with Mikey tonight, but I called him and left a message and still haven't heard anything, so Abby and Ben and I are going to go instead. At first, Ben said he wouldn't go because he wanted to save money, but I convinced him. I can talk that boy into anything.
Okay, I really need to hop in the shower. Ben and Abs are supposed to be here any minute, and I'm still in uniform. Take care. No worries. God Bless.

No comments: