Wednesday, December 22, 2010

St. Lunatics


Everett & Roxy
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I spent the past few days in St. Louis, where I hung out with some old friends from my days in Japan. I made the three-hour drive to Paul and Trish's house in St. Charles and saw Roxy and Everett, who have grown so much since the last time I saw them three years ago. And exponentially more adorable, as well.


Me, Don, & Paul
Originally uploaded by currtdawg
I also got to see Don, a man for whom I have an immeasurable amount of esteem. Don took us all around the quirkiest parts of the city, to sock stores and indie printing presses, bars and book stores, graffiti walls and historical landmarks, homeless camps and museums. It gave me new appreciation for urban living, and want to take taxis everywhere.
If I had my way, I'd bring these guys back to Italy with me because they tend to look at things from such a unique perspective. If they came with me to Venice, they'd spout off some shit that would blow my mind, and make me fall in love with that city even more.
Alas, until I win the lottery, I'll have to settle for sporadic trips to St. Louis. I miss them already.

No comments: